Sunday, March 23, 2014

penn-baby during that last week that he's a zero-year-old















I took these photos the other morning, documenting our daily morning routine that we've had for a while now. The morning I took them, I didn't even realize that the final product would show the events of our day-to-day so well, but it turns out we have it all in sequence. 

Jon and Emory leave for preschool and while I do the dishes, Penn terrorizes the office, playing with the guitar, reorganizing the visiting teaching white board I have going (it won't be to fun to re-do all the routes that took hours to organize already- hours that are hard to come by during my time as a busy mama and relief society president, I might add), pulling books off the shelves, and getting into dog toys and whatnot. 

After all that, we go upstairs and clean Penn's face (and hair) and change his diaper, so he can be fresh and clean for his nap. But first, we read. Getting dressed happens in stages between books and in quick moments as P-diddy moves around the room. I love how much my baby loves books, because I loved boos as a baby too. He will almost always choose a book over a toy, and reading is the one activity that will keep his attention well enough to keep him still and content, sitting in my lap. His current favorites are Baby Says Peekaboo, Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb, and Baby Einstein First Words, particularly the page about the underwater animals. 

Then I swaddle Penn and breastfeed him, and he falls asleep in my arms. I always get a little sad to leave him in his crib because I know with each nap he takes, he gets a little older, leaving behind more of the baby he is now, Though this boy has never been a stellar napper, he's sleeping pretty well these days and I never regret all those newborn months of holding him for naps. 




No comments:

Post a Comment